List of Ballot Measures That Have Qualified
The following is a list of ballot measures that have qualified for June 2014 election.
June 2014 Statewide Ballot Measures
Proposition 41 — AB 639. (Chapter 727, 2013), Pérez.
Legislative Bond Act
Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Bond Act of 2014: Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Act of 2014.
- Amend the Veterans’ Bond Act of 2008 to reduce the amount of authorized bonds from $900 million to $300 million.
- Enact the Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Bond Act of 2014 to authorize $600 million in bonds to provide multifamily housing to veterans.
- Authorize the legislature to amend the bond act by majority vote.
- Impose reporting requirements on the Department of Housing and Community Development and the Department of Veterans Affairs to evaluate any program established by the VHHPA.
- Authorize the Department of Housing and Community Development to provide specified assistance to veterans.
Proposition 42 — SCA 3. (Resolution Chapter 123, 2013), Leno.
Legislative Constitutional Amendment
If the initiative is approved by the state’s voters, it will require all local agencies to comply with the California Public Records Act (CPRA) and the Ralph M. Brown Act (Brown Act) and with any subsequent statutory enactment amending either act or successor acts.