California Expected To Grow by 15 Million
New population projections released by Department of Finance say that the California population will cross the 50 million mark in 2049 and grow to nearly 52.7 million by 2060. This gain of nearly 15.4 million people between 2010 and 2060 is approximatley a 50% gain from the current population.
Major highlights of this growth include:
- Hispanics will comprise nearly half (48percent) of all Californians.
- A lowerpercentage of the working-age population will be White and a larger percentage will be Hispanic and Asian.
- Southern California will lead the State’s growth over the next 50 years (2010 to 2060),growing by 8.3 million to 31 million in population.
- The San Francisco Bay Area will grow significantly, adding 1.8 million new residents
- The Sacramento area will add 1.5 million, reaching 3.8 million
Download the NEW POPULATION PROJECTIONS from the Deaprtment Of Fianance.Download