Good Polling Research
Survey results are not the end product; any good analysis and good polling research should include recommendations. The pollster is a part of the team for future strategic campaign decisions and can help review mail/TV messaging and assist with targeting. The poll tells a story, and identifies which messages work best with which people. Ongoing analysis of the survey results is a valuable tool for the campaign.
Following a poll, there are strategic options to consider from the research. These can be categorized into two kinds of “planning uses”: internal and external.
Some internal planning uses might be to:
- Identify opportunities
- Profile target groups
- Find surprises under the surface
- Choose a direction and commit to it
Some external planning uses might be to:
- Will you release the results to participants?
- Will you give results to the press?
- Will you explain how research will be used